Call 903-510-2312 or use the online form to make your reservation.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled show time.
- Please report cancellations in a timely manner. Cancellations made at least two weeks prior to a scheduled show date are accepted without penalty. Cancellations made less than two weeks prior to a scheduled show date may incur penalty. Weather or valid emergency cancellations are exempt from this policy.
- For safety reasons, absolutely NO late entry or re-entry into the dome is allowed. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Due to scheduling limitations, CESSE may not be able to accept reservations less than two weeks in advance.
- If you plan to eat lunch here on campus, please bring your own garbage bags.
- Parents are welcome, but students are the priority. For each 9 students, 1 chaperone is admitted free. Additional adults are admitted at $7/adult, only if seats are available.
- Student group rate: $3/student
- Teachers are admitted for free. Each additional chaperone costs $7.00.
To Book a Show
- Select a program from our Field Trip Program list.
- Plan your time. Planetarium shows last approximately 25-45 minutes, so please make sure to allow extra time to tour the exhibit area, solar/lunar plaza, and lunch & learn courtyard. A normal visit by a large public school group (80+) lasts about 2 hours.
- You may use the online reservation form, if you wish. Online reservation forms will not be accepted if a show is not selected.
- You may call 903-510-2312. Please assemble the following before calling to schedule your field trip:
- Contact Information: school name, address, phone number, lead contact, alternate contact, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Attendees: grade level, number of students, teachers, bus drivers, and all other chaperones. (One chaperone for every nine students is required.) Please keep in mind that the planetarium can only seat 85 people per show, no exceptions!
- Date/Times: dates and show time, plus an alternate date and show time in case we are already booked.
- Activities: Specific programming and any special programming you would like for us to cover.
- Special Needs: The planetarium can accommodate a limited number of persons in wheelchairs. Please advise the scheduling coordinator when making reservations.
Before walking into the CESSE
- Get a final head count for your entire group, including teachers and chaperones.
- If necessary, and your entire group numbers 80 or more then be prepared to divide into smaller sub-groups.
- Combine all of the money into one payment and designate one person to make that payment.
- CESSE accepts cash, school checks, and purchase orders.
Parents and Additional Chaperones
- All parents and additional chaperones must pay the teacher or field trip organizer prior to arrival at CESSE. Payment from parents and chaperones is no longer accepted at the door.
- Parking is difficult to find when college is in session. You may be required to park several blocks from CESSE and walk to the building. Please take this into consideration when planning your arrival time. There are no late entries into the planetarium, no exceptions.
- Field trips are designed for school students, and while we do our best to accommodate parents, there may be a point during the field trip where we do not have seating for parents. In this case, some parents may be asked to wait in the exhibit hall.
- Any parent or chaperone causing a disruption will be asked to leave and will be escorted off the premises by the Tyler Junior College Police Department.
Limited bus parking is available in the parking lot just north of the CESSE.
Additional parking is available at any of the TJC parking lots along Lake Street and Mahon or any parking lots along Palmer Street.
Students may be dropped off at the parking lot at the intersection of Lake Street and Mahon Avenue or at the Apache Pass in front of Wagstaff Gym.
Remember that parking can be extremely difficult to find so please factor this into your travel plans.