Approximately 50 theatre majors come to Tyler annually for aggressive, action-packed two-year program designed to offer the student multiple performance and technical opportunities, a wealth of experience, growth and maturity, exciting challenges, and fulfillment of hard work well-done. See our related downloads for scholarship applications.
The Associate of Arts degree with an emphasis in musical theatre is designed to prepare students as “triple threats” for the Broadway musical theatre. This unique interdisciplinary A.A. program, jointly sponsored by the TJC Departments of Music and Theatre, offers a two-year sequence of courses in acting, voice, music and dance. Musical theatre majors take acting courses with the acting majors, but add courses in piano, musical theatre, two years of private voice study, plus extensive dance training in jazz and ballet. These students, with instruction in music, dance, and theatre, develop their skills through classroom, workshop, and varied performance opportunities.
- Performance of "Prodigal", T.E.T.A. Convention, Houston: Jan. 25, 2013
- Theatre Department Play Reading List
- TJC One-Act Play Festival: Feb. 27-Mar. 1, 2013
- Travel Study: New York City 2013 (Theatre Appreciation, see related downloads for more information )
- Texas Dramatists
- Check out TJC production photos on SmugMug!
- See older photos on Flicker.
- Join us on Facebook!
- Dr. David Crawford
- Jacob Davis
- Denise Weatherly-Green
- Rebecca Faulds
These scholarships are not awarded through the TJC scholarship application. Each area has its own award process which may require separate application and try-outs. Award amounts vary and will pay toward the student’s tuition and fees only. Full-time enrollment (12 hours) is required. There are Scholarship Grants, Endowed Scholarship and Student Awards available annually.
- Download the forms in the related downloads page.
- Complete the application form.
- Have recommendation forms sent separately.
- Send a copy of transcript and present schedule.
- Contact us to schedule an audition.
Private Scholarship Auditions: Contact Rebecca Faulds: 903-510-2208; firstname.lastname@example.org for appointment.