Thank you for your interest in Tyler Junior College! With students from more than 80 countries studying here, innovative programs and a supportive community, we believe you’ll find an excellent educational experience at TJC!
Documents can be found on the related downloads page.
International students must first obtain an F-1 student visa through the U.S. Consulate in their home country before arriving in the United States. Tyler Junior College will issue an I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Students) after the following documents have been submitted to the Coordinator of International Admissions:
- Online Application to TJC
- TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) score
- Students must have their scores sent directly to Tyler Junior College (code: 6833).
- Minimum scores are as follows:
- Computer-based (CBT)- 197
- Internet-based (IBT)-71
- Paper-based (PBT)- 525
- I-134 Form
You must have the I-134 notarized by your sponsor. Include supporting documents with the form. The student must show that the sponsor has the available money of $16,800 USD for two academic years.
- Immunization Record
- IMPORTANT: International students interested in on-campus housing must submit record of an additional vaccination against Bacterial Meningitis at least 10 DAYS prior to entering the dorms.
- High School Transcripts
- The student must provide Tyler Junior College with an official copy of a high school transcript indicating date of graduation. (PLEASE NOTE: Transcripts must be translated into English. Students who have attended college classes at an overseas institution should have their transcripts evaluated before submitting them to TJC.)
- Copy of passport photo page
- Statement of Understanding form
- Permission to Release Information form
- If you are transfering to TJC from another US Institution, in addition to the previously mentioned forms, you must also submit:
- a SEVIS Transfer form
- a copy of all previous I-20s
- official transcripts from all prior colleges or universities
|APPLICATION DEADLINES - IMPORTANT|
|FALL (August- December)||July 1st|
|SPRING (January- May)||November 1st|
|SUMMER I (June)||April 1st|
|SUMMER II (July)||April 1st|
For housing information, please visit our Housing page.