Campus Police & Parking
The Tyler Junior College Campus Police Office wishes to develop and maintain a positive relationship with all members of our community. To effectively serve you, a supportive community oriented approach to law enforcement is essential.
The Tyler Junior College Campus Police Office exists to serve all people with respect, fairness, and compassion.
We are committed to the prevention of crime and the protection of life and property; the preservation of peace, order, and safety; the enforcement of laws and ordinances; and the safeguarding of Constitutional guarantees. To this end, we seek to create a safe and secure campus environment in which the educational mission of the College can be realized free from the specter of crime.
With community service as our foundation, we are driven by goals that enhance the quality of life for all in our community. We seek solutions to problems that detract from that quality, thereby fostering a sense of comfort and security in our community.
We nurture trust by holding ourselves to the highest standards of performance and professionalism.
For Clery and Fire reports, see our related downloads page.
- We preserve and advance democratic values.
- We improve the quality of campus life.
- We demonstrate professionalism.
- We value human life; therefore, we treat all persons with courtesy and respect.
- We are compassionate and caring.
- We use force only when absolutely necessary and only as a last resort.
- We respect the individual and believe that our employees are our department’s most valuable asset.
- We are dedicated to improving the quality of life in our department through interaction and concern for each other.
- We are committed to fair treatment of employees.
- We will provide our staff full opportunity to contribute to the success of the department through involvement and participation in the policy making process.
- We believe in teamwork.
- We seek cooperation from others and strive to understand others who might disagree with us.
- We are professional, creative and enthusiastic.
- We always have a "can do" attitude.
- We support the goals of Tyler Junior College.