Disbursement & Refund Dates and Information
Disbursement & Refund Dates
You could have multiple disbursement & refund dates depending on when your classes begin, the type of financial aid you are receiving, your enrollment status, and when you are awarded.
Award Notification Letters will be sent to you once your folder has processed through the final review. Award Notification Letters must be sent before any remaining amount can be calculated.
The Stafford Loan MPN (master promissory note) must be completed at least 10 days before a fund release date. Any delay in your MPN will mean a delay in receiving any remaining amounts.
- What is a disbursement? When financial aid funds liquidate or convert into a payment towards student accounts. This is not the date refunds will be available on the HigherOne Debit Card.
- What is a refund? After financial aid has disbursed and a student's account balance has been paid in full, if remaining funds are available, students will receive a refund. Refunds are made available each Monday on a weekly basis, but subject to change due to bank holidays, etc. Watch your Apache Access traffic lights to see when your refund will process.
- When will I receive my HigherOne Debit Card? HigherOne Debit Cards usually arrive by mail after classes have started but before initial refunds. Click the HigherOne Account link for more information on activating, replacement cards, and to watch the orientation video.
- When are the general disbursement/refund dates?
- All grants; loans for non-first-time borrowers: mid-September
- Loans for first-time borrowers: late September
- All grants; loans for non-first-time borrowers: early February
- Loans for first-time borrowers: mid to late February
Fall 2013 - Students may have multiple disbursement dates depending on when their classes begin. For example, if a student has two classes that begin in August and two classes that begin in October, they will likely have two disbursements.
|Semester or Term||Initial Disbursement Date||Initial Refund Date|
|Fall 16-week & 1st 8-week
||September 11, 2013||September 16, 2013*|
|Fall 16-week & 1st 8-week - 1st Time Loan Borrower||September 24, 2013||September 30, 2013|
|Fall 12-week||September 23, 2013||September 30, 2013|
|Fall 2nd 8-week
||October 21, 2013||October 28, 2013|
Short URL to this page: www.tjc.edu/AidMoney
Fax is the preferred method for submitting required documents. Please make sure to include your name and A# when sending these documents.